Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Minnesota '11

What up peeps?? Des is out right now so this is James (her trusty, awesome, amazing personal assistant). We have been on a trip since Saturday with the youth choir that Matt leads at Whitesburg. We started with a twenty-two hour bus ride overnight and arrived Saturday evening at our hotel. On Sunday, we went to Westwood Community Church where the students sang in three morning services and did an afternoon concert. The students (including me) did fantastic!! That evening, we sang in our fifth performance of the day at the River of Life Church. We got back to the hotel, greeted with well-deserved sleep. On Monday morning, the students sang at the Minnehaha Academy (I didn't though because I have a sinus infection and I almost lost my voice) and played with the children at recess. That night, we went to the Union Gospel Ministry and did a concert for the men there. Apparently, it was the first time that the men there actually wanted to hear a program. On Tuesday, we went to Feed My Starving Children where we packed enough food to feed 55 children for An entire year. After that, we proceeded to the Marie Sandvik Center where we did a block party for the entire neighborhood. It was really cool because I got to use my Spanish skills to talk to a little kid for about twenty minutes in only Spanish. That evening, we went to eat at a mall that had only two fast food restaurants but half of us went to Cheesecake Factory and other restaurants to get carry out. That night, we had debriefing and everyone was ready for sleep (except me because I was on an extreme sugar high). To end the night, Des tucked me into bed (well not really because she didn't feel like going into the room; she just opened the door and said goodnight). Well, now you are caught up to today!! You can follow the rest of our tour at www.wbcswat.blogspot.com. See ya!

-James

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment