Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Ring Bearer Pillow

I've been on the hunt for a long time looking for the PERFECT ring bearer pillow.  The problem was I just didn't know what I wanted.  I searched all the local craft stores and even the wedding supply stores, but just didn't find anything that really fit.  Until I accidentally ran across this blog.  I fell in love with the pillow, but kinda assumed it would be IMPOSSIBLE for me to make.  However, I was determined to at least give it a shot.  I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen?  It didn't work?  Why not give it a try?

My friend Malea over at I Make Stuff was kind enough to make me the initial 8x8 pillow with some scrap fabric and "fluff" she already had.  I covered the pillow in black satin.  After that, I took a strip of turquoise satin, burned the edges with a lighter, and attached it around the pillow using Heat N Bond.

Then I took an 18" (in diameter) circle and a needle and thread and stiched around the edges.  Before I notted it off, I pulled the thread to gather it.  Making it look like this:


I attached it to the pillow using my favorite tool- the hot glue gun. Once it was attached, I added a brooch for the center of it.



The brooch may change, but I tried to use one I already have.  It was much simpler than I thought it would be and it looks so elegant!  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment