Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Inspired by My Love Story :)

It's February.  The month of LOVE.  What a great month to share a love story... especially my own.  This is a long post... Just warning you... My side of it is very different from that boy's (my memory went back a little further... hehe).

We met back in 2007 or 2008 at the gym at church.  I was there working out with a friend.  I can remember her introducing me to him and her telling him I sing.  He said, "Well, sing."  I was like, "Now?" I mean seriously, we were in the weight room in the gym. He said, "Yes." I said, "No."  And that was the end of that. haha...
Fast forward to 2009.  I had joined the church choir in order to be in their Easter production, but was bound and determined to quit after that.  I didn't want to get too involved in church things yet, so I was trying to slowly work my way in.  Easter week, we were having all of our final rehearsals before production and I suddenly just noticed him.  I mean, seriously noticed that boy sitting at the piano.  I thought to myself, "He sure is cute."  I had my eye on him that week.  Watched how he handled several scenarios and I was impressed.  But then I realized, we don't hang out with any of the same people.  At all.  Monday, I was in the gym and my friend was complimenting him on his musical talents during the production.  Next thing I know, he's talking to ME.  I told him I probably wasn't coming back to choir.  I had just been there to be in "The Healer".  He was like, "Give it one more try.  I promise you'll have fun."  So, I did.  And, I had a blast.  Next thing I knew, I wrote on his facebook wall telling him he was right.  This resulted in him Facebook chatting me a response.  I'm pretty sure we chatted for 2 hours that night.  This continued off and on throughout April & May.  I invited him to a party at my house which he didn't make it to, but he had asked me to join him and a couple of his students to dinner at PF Chang's and to see MacBeth (he was playing for it.)  I was pretty pumped. I dressed up in a black dress and everything.  We all had such a good time.  After the show, we went to get ice cream at Sonic.  I think we all laughed non-stop.  Monday morning, we both headed middle school camp as counselors.  It was really neat to see him work with the students.  I had gotten really stressed one day with my group of girls and in return it made me sick.  That night he prayed over me and I can't explain it, but it was at that moment I knew he was the one.  The odd thing was, we weren't even dating.  As time continued on, he asked me to be a sponsor in SWAT (Student Worship Arts Team).  We began participating in more and more events together.  The beginning of January 2010, he sent me a text and asked if he could take me to dinner for my birthday.  My birthday happened to be on a Wednesday, so we had choir before we could go to dinner.  I was pretty excited all day.  On my way to church that night, he sent me a text asking me if I would come by his office before going to choir.  There he presented me with 49 hot pink roses and a gift card to Little Rosie's.  Then he told me we'd be going to Chili's for dinner.  It was there at Chili's that he basically asked me to be his girlfriend.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! (I'd been jokingly asking for one for my birthday for years...)
As time went by, we grew closer and spent a lot more time together.  By July, we were goofing off looking at houses. (Not uncommon...) We found this amazing house on a beautiful lake. A week or so later, we went back.  We fell in love with it.  We were standing in that house and he says, "Des, I need to ask you a question."  I was like, uh-oh.  haha... He never did ask a question, but began talking about how the best time for us to get married would be the summer of 2011.  I was so not expecting that. haha...
August 15 was planned to be like any other Sunday.  I went to church and sang with the choir.  Matt made faces at me from the piano.  Ate lunch with the fam then headed to home to get my house ready to show.  I was pretty excited about SWAT starting back.  I sure have missed seeing all of those kids on a weekly basis.  It was during SWAT that things took a bit of a change...
I helped register new students then sat in the rehearsal for a little while.  I sang on praise team that evening so I had to leave early for rehearsal, which normally isn't a big deal, but Matt requested me to come back in around 5:50 for sponsor prayer time.  I thought that was odd, but he is always trying new things, so I just let it go.  I made it back in the room right at 5:50 and he asked me to get all the sponsors in the room.  So, we lined up in the front of the room.  Matt asked Jess to pray over the sponsors, but asked the kids not to leave because he had one more announcement.  After the prayer, Matt says, "You kids know I love you right?"  After some loud screams from the kids, Matt goes, "Well there is someone in this place right now who I love more than you guys.  And I need to ask her a question."  The kids were all SCREAMING!  I am stunned.  Matt turned and looked at me and said "Are you surprised?"  The next thing I know, he is down on one knee.  He takes my hand and tells the kids to be quiet.  He says "I have loved you since the day I met you and God knew that we would be together. I am just so thankful that you are in my life.  Will you marry me?"  Then, he asked me if he could kiss me.  So, we had our first kiss in front of everyone.  It was a perfect night.  One I'll remember forever.  We even have video (which I probably shouldn't mention how many times I have watched it).  I am so grateful God brought him into my life.
 
And that Ladies & Gentleman is our love story... I think I'm a pretty lucky girl!
 
 
Happy Valentine's Day to the love of my life!!!  I can't wait for June 18!  I love you so much!
 

3 comments:

  1. Awww what an awesome God filled love story Desiree! So happy for you! I am sure it will be a beautiful wedding!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard the story. I am so glad you shared it. It is so beautiful and perfectly planned by a loving God. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I learned some things I didn't know about how you two met! I love love stories! Judy wrote this, but it's my account. And I totally agree with her. love ya!

    ReplyDelete