Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine's Frame- Love is a Blessing

I have been working on this Valentine's Day frame for the last couple of weeks.  I ran across a similar one on a blog (I wish I could remember which one it was).  Just the picture alone got the wheels turning in my head. 
I chose to use a hodge podge of items I had laying around my scrapbook room to clean it out & make this as cheaply as possible.
Let's face the facts.  I'm marrying a musician.  My life is now filled with concerts, rehearsals, etc.  I love it.  But now, if it's got music notes I'm drawn to it.  So, I cut down a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" paper.  I then cut it down to fit inside a frame I found at the Dollar Tree.  I painted the frame with acrylic paint due to the fact that it has been way to cold for spray painting.  I handmade the rosette flowers that went on the outside using lace, sheer & cotton fabrics (and yes, it is music note fabric). 

For the wording, I used my beloved Cricut and chose the Simply Sweet font.  I cut the hearts out with the same font cartridge. 

This frame really was easy to make.  I just had too many projects started at one time.  Being home with an ear infection, let me get a couple things done while resting up.  Total cost was probably $3.  I love inexpensive projects.  :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! I'm excited to see it finished :)

    Hope you get to feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete