Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Recipe- A Twist on the Sandwich

I could get rid of cable if they would just give me Food Network & HGTV.  Seriously...  Several months ago, I saw Giada make this amazing steak sandwich.  It looked good, but there were items in it I didn't like.  So, here's my twist on Giada's steak sandwich.


Start out with rectangle of puff pastry. (Do not use Phyllo Dough.  It doesn't work- trust me- I tried.)  I recommend separating it into 3 triangles.  It comes apart easily in the folds.  Bake the puff pastry @ 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.  It will be puffy so you might want to kind of tap the top of each.
While this was baking, I cooked two small pieces of steak (sprinkled with Season All) in a skillet slightly covered in Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  After this had cooked, I sliced it into small strips.  Then in the same skillet, I cooked up some carmelized onion.  Then I sliced up some lettuce & tomato.

I then took one layer of puff pastry and put a layer of mayo on it, then placed a layer of steak & all of the carmelized onion.  I took the next layer of puff pastry put another layer of mayo & the rest of the steak and added the lettuce and tomato.  I then topped it with the final layer of puff pastry and cut it in half.


It's messy, but so, so worth it!  I made it with chicken this weekend and it was good too! 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment