Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wedding Project!!!!

I was sitting at Wholesale Florist the other day discussing wedding flowers with their designer and my mother.  She was mentioning all kinds of things that we hadn't thought of.  This of course gets my brain going and I then have to attempt to come up with SOME design in my head.  I'm not gonna lie- flowers are my weakness.  I don't know much about them or what looks good together so I'm totally at the mercy of the floral designer.  She mentioned having something to hang on the door.  I thought it was a great idea, but it certainly wasn't a necessity and was something I could do without, but the more I thought about it, the more I kind of wanted to have something pretty hanging on the door.  I hadn't discussed it with anyone, but Malea (she might just be able to read my mind now) had sent me this FABULOUS heart wreath tutorial that she really liked THAT day!  This of course prompted us to spend our lunch break at Hobby Lobby the next day to purchased everything to make these wreaths.  The tutorial says to use felt, but I opted to use the same turquoise satin I'm using for the wedding.


So, here are some step by step pictures (don't worry, I'll post the link to the tutorial at the bottom):

I purchased 1 yard of fabric then I cut it into 3 inch wide strips.


 Erin and Rachel were over for girl's night and assisted in the cutting of 3 in. squares and then cutting them into circles.


I wrapped the heart shaped styrofoam wreath with black ribbon (pinning it as I went).


 The circles are sort of folded together to make these neat little roses.  I then pin them into the wreath.


I painted a styrofoam "S" for the center of the wreath.

The final product!!!


I love it!!!!  I'll be making a 2nd one this weekend. 

This is a time consuming project taking approximately 4 hours with help.  I believe it is WELL worth it (afterall, it is for the wedding!).  The total cost is less than $10 if you can pick some of the items up on sale and use a 40% off coupon.

1 comment:

  1. Yes... somehow those projects that you are needing to find are the ones I magically find, huh? Or am I just coming up with more work for you? hehe

    The wreath turned out awesome! I can't wait to get mine going!

    ReplyDelete