Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Valentine Conversation Blocks


I found these awesome conversation blocks while perusing several blogs a couple of weeks ago.  I thought they were SO cute, so I just had to make my own.  The project itself was pretty simple.  I had a really hard time finding then getting the blocks cut.  Thankfully, it was daddy to the rescue.  He cut a 4x4 post for me.  The blocks are each about 2 inches wide.  Due to the cold weather we've had, I wasn't able to spray paint them, so I painted them with acrylic paint then dry-brushed each block with the coordinating colors until they were the design I liked.  I'm so glad I spent so much time in the Schenk's ceramic shop as a kid.  I learned SO much!  I used my cricut (the Cuttin' Up cartridge) to cut out 1 1/4 inch letters on black paper then decoupaged them on with Matte Mod Podge.
The complete directions can be found at Brown Paper Packages blog.  She has a lot of fabulous ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment